Sunday, July 15, 2012

Review: Blood Orange





I originally just clicked on a video by Blood Orange("Bad Girls") on Youtube the other day because my favorite drink du jour is Tropicana Trop 50 Red Orange juice. To my surprise, I loved it. It looks like they're signed to Domino Records and have one album, but nobody told me. So this is me telling you. The songs would mostly fit in a John Hughes movie or a Bret Easton Ellis book (P.S. Does anyone else follow B.E.E. on Twitter? Lately he seems to have devolved into ordering the same movies I do on pay-per-view cable and campaigning to write the movie adaptation of 'Fifty Shades of Grey.' Sad or awesome? You decide.) There are a lot of clear, twinkly 80's sounds but the man's caterwauling voice is different enough to make it really very interesting. The video above can only be described as crazy.org, and has a great moody plot though probably NSFW. As one man in Texas would say, please to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment